Yesterday’s Book Haul
Got all these books for only 120php!! Huhu still can’t believe it. I don’t really read much. I actually have lots of pdf books on my laptop and phone that I haven’t read yet. But lately, I’m so in the mood to read. I’m currently reading Ms. Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. I’m almost half of it and the story is really interesting. I haven’t seen the movie though.
Can you believe that I got those 3 novel books (2nd photo) for only 20 pesos each. The price ranges from 5 pesos to 500 pesos. You just really have to be patient in looking and browsing shelf per shelf. I’m actually planning to go back and buy some more books. You guys should definitely check the place as well. It’s from Anvil Publishing House located in West Capitol Drive in Kapitolyo, Pasig. You can check out their facebook page. They have posted a photo of a map there.
They have lots of books in there. From literature to novels, history, law, medicine, accounting, tourism, marketing, programming, web design, photography, graphic design, fashion, children’s books, textbooks, and a lot more.
Here are the list of books I was able to buy:
- Waking the Dead and other horror stories – Yvette Tan (5 pesos)
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen (20 pesos)
- Inferno (A verse translation by Allen Mandelbaum) (20 pesps)
- Romeo and Juliet – William Shakespeare (20 pesos)
- Spooked – Rosario P. Nem Singh (5 pesos)
- Gapo – Lualhati Bautista (20 pesos)
- Riding in Tandem – Nina Tolentino (10 pesos)
- I Like You to Love Me – Carlyn Lanuza (10 pesos)
- A Song 4 U – Carlyn Lanuza (10 pesos)
I do like horror stories so I grabbed some books and I also read pocketbooks. I wanted to grab more books of author Lualhati Bautista but some doesn’t have pricing yet so they didn’t let me get those 😥 Hoping that it will be out with a price the next time I go back.
P.S please don’t judge me by my book choices lol